Is there anything more relaxing then a day out fishing? To me, the answer is a resounding “no.” I just love floating around, casting a line, and waiting for the bite. That’s why when I chose my latest fishing boat, comfort was one of the main factors that went into my final decision. After taking a careful look at all of my options, I ended up purchasing an Extra-Wide 11’ Saturn Inflatable Fishing Boat. And what a great decision it was!
Why do I consider this such a perfect boat for fishing? Here are a few great reasons:
1. Comfort. As I said earlier, I like to be comfortable when I’m out for a relaxing day of fishing. I bet you feel the same way. And the Extra-Wide Saturn Inflatable Fishing Boat has features that provide just what I was looking for. For one, the body shape was uniquely designed specifically to give passengers more room for themselves and their gear. At 79” wide, the interior of this boat is significantly more spacious then other boats in its class. Believe it or not, the passenger space of this 11’ long boat is big enough to support multiple beach chairs or a lounger. You can even bring a little table and chairs along for the day!
2. Convenience. In general, inflatable boats are significantly more convenient than similar sized solid hull boats, and the Extra-Wide Saturn Inflatable is no different. For starters, inflatable boats like this one can be quickly deflated and easily stored anywhere, taking up very little space. This is also a major benefit when you want to bring your boat with you when you travel, since there will be no need to tow it with a trailer. And with the easy-to-use pump, the boat can be quickly re-inflated on site and put right into the water!
3. Performance. Despite being wider than most other 11’ boats, the Extra-Wide Saturn Inflatable can still perform at a high level. The round end tubes have been designed specifically to increase performance, which has helped my boat plane evenly even as I use it with the maximum-suggested 15 HP motor. Add that to the rigid, heavy-duty hull, and this boat performs at a way higher level then you ever dreamed!
4. Durability. When I mentioned to my friends that I bought this inflatable boat, almost all of them had the exact same first question. “Won’t that thing pop?” This is obviously something I researched extensively before deciding on an inflatable boat, and I found out something interesting. Inflatable boats, when made correctly, are incredibly durable! For instance, the Extra-Wide Saturn Inflatable is constructed out of 1100 Denier Reinforced PVC, which makes it almost impossible to puncture. Add that to the separate internal air chambers, and this boat is both extremely versatile and incredibly safe.
5. Cost. Despite all the previous great things I just told you about this boat, cost might actually be its greatest asset. Compared to its hard-hull counterparts, the Extra-Wide 11’ Saturn Inflatable Fishing Boat is extremely cheap. But purchase cost isn’t the only way you are going to save significant dollars. Don’t forget that you don’t need to pay for docking your boat if you go with an inflatable. Add that to the fact that you don’t need a trailer to tow your boat (and a truck to tow the trailer), and the savings continue to add up without you even having to sacrifice performance. That’s why for me, choosing this boat was a no-brainer!
I love large boats like this, especially when they have such a great performance. This boat moves so smoothly and requires little effort for moving. It is big enough for me and my friends.
The design of the boat ensures a lot of space but it does not reflect negatively on the way it moves. The boat is quite agile and light and rowing on it is a pleasure. At the same time, I feel quite comfortable inside because there is enough place for me and my stuff.
Jeannette Collier03/04/2016, 21:30
Well, so far I am very happy with this fishing boat. It is wide and roomy. It is big and heavy boat, not a toy. You do need mini van or truck to transport it. As another reviewer mentioned, it will not fit into a truck of regular sedan. However, I was always able easily to put my boat on plane. I had 9.9HP Mercury and now I have 15HP Yamaha, both motors easily plane this boat. However, you do need to make sure that keel and floor are pump till hard. If keel is underinflated, then floor will not hold good and boat may cavitate. Other than that great boat. You can put beach chairs inside and fish in a comfort. Fabric seems to be very heavy-duty and many people compliment me on this boat when I am lunching it from a dock ramp.
My husband and I retired to Arizona a few years back. Retirement is great, but I sometimes get bored. I love to relax, but going down to the community pool got old. We love cruises, so I started to think about other ways we could get out on the water. We ended up buying your SD330W boat for $999. It’s so easy for him to inflate and deflate.
We take it out to a nice river by our house and float down. He fishes. I read a book. Okay, sometimes I fish too. When we get home, it fits right in our one car garage, and we can still park the car in there! It’s great way to spend a nice, warm Arizona day. Thank you.
Jen G. in Arizona02/01/2015, 17:11
I just wanted to thank you guys for going out of your way to help deal with a problem I had. I bought an SD330W inflatable boat from you guys, and there was some kinda issue with the shipping. I don’t know exactly what happened, and Fedex wasn’t really helpful. I called you guys, and I don’t know what you did, but I got my boat 2 days later without having to make another call. Thanks!
By the way, I love the boat. It is very wide, so I can really relax in it. I mostly just use it on a lake near my house, and the fact that it’s inflatable makes everything so easy. I used to have a regular boat that I kept in my side yard. It was annoying to have to load up the trailer just to drive 10 minutes to the lake. There were many times when I only really had a couple hours for a quick fishing trip, but I wouldn’t go because it wasn’t worth the hassle. And my neighbors complained about me having the boat in my yard.
Anyway, I got rid of that boat and the trailer, then bought the SD330W, which I keep in a closet! It performs the same as my old boat, and is so light and easy to deal with. I use it twice as much as my old boat!