Our SATURN Kaboats are taking the nation by storm and our 2015 model has even more upgrades! This patent pending combination of a dinghy and kayak has found its nich in the market and is a perfect fit for someone looking for the most adaptable and portable inflatable boat on the market. This versatile kayak/boat crossover can be used like our SATURN inflatable kayak by rowing/paddling or can be turned into a speedboat by attaching a small gas or electric engine to the plywood transom at the stern. Aluminum seats and an incredibly stable design make it a great fishing vessel. The compact size makes it the perfect choice for a dinghy for a yacht or sailboat.
Upgraded 14' Saturn KaBoat has the following changes:
- Transom has triangular splash guards to minimize back splash and protect the transom holders from heat and exposure to UV rays.
- Plastic handles were replaced with sun resistant and durable soft handles for a longer life span.
- The valves were moved to the inside of the tubes and under the seat to protect them from sun and the elements. Their position also makes inflation from the inside of the boat easier when on the water.
- New models have different bench attachments to make them shorter and lighter. They were also moved slightly lower for easier rowing.
- Grommet PVC splash guards with safety grab lines run all along the KaBoat's tubes from the front to the rear. Having grommets on PVC lines allows the attachment of additional accessories, kayak seats and custom made frames and arches for fishing rod holders, night lights, etc.
The SATURN KaBoat is capable of transporting heavier cargo and offers a more stable design than that of a traditional kayak. The narrow profile allows for much less drag and allows it to outperform most traditional dinghy’s with similar engine sizes.
The 14' Saturn Kaboat can take up to a 10 HP gas outboard engine if you really want to fly and if you're looking for maximum portability just purchase an electric motor! If the battery loses charge or the gas is low, you can use the rowing oars to paddle to your destination. A small outboard works great and you don't need anything larger than a 6 HP. With a 3.5 HP engine, this boat will fly at up to 15-20 mph with 2 people. With an electric motor you'll be able to travel at speeds of around 5-7 mph. An electric motor at minimum speed will run for up to 6 hours.
- Same heavy-duty 1100 Denier PVC as in SATURN inflatable boats.
- Wide beam hull design for stability.
- Front Spray Skirt with water deflector guard and rope lacing.
- Marine grade plywood transom with a one way drain plug.
- High-pressure inflatable air deck floor.
- 4 fins for improved tracking.
- 1 set of rowing oars with oar locks.
- 3 aluminum removable benches.
- Included: hand pump, repair kit, 2 oars and carry bag.